August 18 – 20, 2020, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED
Hello, friends of MCGT – CHOICES Chapter!
Homeschooling families have been cleaning out their learning supplies with no events at which to sell them, the our curriculum library has been sitting in storage since the MCGT state board moved out of the Edina Community Center while it is being remodeled, and STAR was unable to hold their spring curriculum sale for its families. Things are strange with COVID-19, but we’ve found a way to hold a used book sale and make our library available to our community.
• We have been generously gifted the use of an empty office suite in Winsor Office Plaza at 1935 W Co Rd B2, #165, in Roseville MN 55113 for the week of August 17. (This location is two blocks west of Rosedale Center, across from REI.)
• This is a cash-only event, conducted on the honor system without the sellers present, but with a CHOICES host present whenever the room is in use.
• Sellers can sign up for a drop-off time slot on Monday, August 17.
• We have a stash of donated goods from veteran families, and are accepting donations in the seller time slots or by private arrangement. Proceeds will be equally divided between the MCGT CHOICES Chapter and STAR Academy. Any unsold donated goods at the end of the sale will be available for free to sellers during their pickup time.
• Shoppers can sign up for a shopping time slot on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, August 18-20. We will limit capacity to ten people at a time, including children and CHOICES hosts.
• Selections from the CHOICES Chapter Library will be available for checking out by any CHOICES Chapter member. We will also accept returns of materials previously checked out.
• Non-CHOICES members are welcome to peruse our library. Remember we will have a CHOICES member on hand for any questions! We will also have the results of a recent curriculum survey of our veteran families – come find out what the pros use! We have also invited several curriculum vendors to send us catalogs to have on hand.
• Sellers can sign up for a pickup time slot for unsold materials on Thursday, August 20.
• This event is open to any friend of the MCGT community. Current CHOICES Chapter members and Spring 2020 STAR Academy families can sell and attend at no charge. Guests are encouraged to join the CHOICES Chapter or make a small freewill donation.
• Children are allowed at the event, provided they have been registered in the signup genius time slots.
• All sellers, shoppers, and hosts are required to wear masks and maintain six feet of space between members of separate households. Hand sanitizer will be available and required at the entrance.
• Reservations through SignUpGenius required for both buyers and sellers, including any accompanying children.
Important Seller Information:
• Provide a ‘cash drawer’ envelope for your shoppers, and include some seed change.
• Our office is on the main floor, and a cart will be available for your use. Parking on the south side of the building will avoid any curbs or stairs.
• Bring your materials in bins or boxes that will be easy to browse through while set on the floor. To keep costs low, we will not be providing tables or chairs. We will tape off ‘stalls’ to keep seller goods separated.
• Feel free to bring curriculum, books, manipulatives, learning toys, and other children’s products. When registering, please estimate the number of boxes you expect to bring so we can allocate space appropriately.
• MCGT is not liable for any missing items or cash, but the office will only be open in the presence of a CHOICES host and to registered sellers and shoppers.
• Any unsold materials not picked up by the end of the sale become property of the CHOICES Chapter and STAR Academy, and may be donated, given away, or held for future sale at the hosts’ discretion.
Important Buyer Information:
• Please bring small bills and change for this cash-only event. There may be some change available, but it is not guaranteed.
• Please provide your own shopping bags or totes as needed.
• Quarantining or cleaning of purchased materials is the responsibility of the purchaser.
• Due dates and locations for CHOICES Chapter library will be set at a later time.