The MCGT CHOICES Chapter is hosting a series of webchats for all current and potential MCGT families across Minnesota. There is a ton of web-based content being promoted everywhere we turn, but not as many opportunities for conversations with other families. Our veteran homeschooling (and other flexible learning approaches) parents will be online to talk about parenting and educating our gifted kids, just like we do at our in-person meetings. We’ve also set up some casual chats for our kids.
We’re posting dates for the next two weeks, and hope to continue wherever we find we’re adding value for our community.
Mondays 6:00-7:30 PM: Homeschool chat.
Moderated by Kelly Noah. Support and connection for families of gifted kids who are currently homeschooling, temporarily homeschooling, or considering longer-term homeschooling.
- Mondays, 3/30/2020 and 4/6/2020
- Each week will have the same meeting URL: https://zoom.us/j/605623298
Thursdays 6:00-7:30 PM: Parents at home chat.
Moderated by Stephanie Surles. Support and connection for families of gifted kids who are navigating being at home a different way.
- 03/26/2020 – Topic: Family Rhythm.
- 04/02/2020 – Topic to be determined and will be flexible based on needs we’re hearing in other chats.
- Each week will have the same meeting URL: https://zoom.us/j/471854543
Friday afternoons: Kids chat about…
Lightly moderated by MCGT parents, with topics rotating every week.
1:00-1:45 – Ages 5-8:
- 03/27/2020 – Arts and crafts show and tell https://zoom.us/j/999076487
- 04/03/2020 – Animal trivia https://zoom.us/j/205408310
2:00-2:45 – Ages 8-11:
- 03/27/2020 – Scratch programming chat https://zoom.us/j/972287381
- 04/03/2020 – Star Wars trivia https://zoom.us/j/894174634
3:00-3:45 – Ages 11-14:
- 03/27/2020 – Books worth re-reading chat https://zoom.us/j/127756589
- 04/03/2020 – Cybersecurity and ethical hacking chat https://zoom.us/j/870215159
Please e-mail [email protected] with any questions. We’re looking forward to connecting with you!