MCGT is a community of families and professionals who live and/or work with gifted people. Here is where you can talk to about giftedness with those who will understand and accept you. You will also find folks with a wealth of experience dealing with ages and stages, schools and activities, testing and therapy, all in the unique context of giftedness.
What MCGT provides for our members:
- Full-day conference, including a program for kids, each November—reduced fee for members.
- Half-day conferences throughout the year.
- Information through our website mcgt.net.
- Annual picnic in the summer.
- Bi-monthly online newsletters packed with great articles and local information.
- Lending library of the top titles in gifted parenting and support.
- Numerous meetings and events hosted by area chapters and parent groups.
- Lists of resources, professionals and schools focused on gifted services.
- Regular events hosted by the state organization.
- Affiliation with the National Association for the Gifted and Talented (NAGC).
- Online forum for communication, via a Facebook members-only group.
How MCGT and its members impact the larger community:
- Collaboration with the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) on workshops and events, and representation at MDE’s Gifted and Talented Advisory Council.
- Collaboration with the Minnesota Educators of the Gifted and Talented (MEGT) on workshops and national committees.
- Ongoing positive advocacy at the state level.
- Providing annual scholarships for gifted children to attend summer enrichment programs in MN.
- Regular dissemination of information, including materials and presentations, for schools and districts, as requested.
- Presence on social media.
How members can be involved:
- Join or start a local group.
- Attend meetings and events – any member can attend any MCGT event. Calendar of Events
- Volunteer at an event, like the annual conference.
- Share information about MCGT on social media.
- Contact the state board with your questions and ideas.
- Connect with other parents and/or professionals—build your village.
- Support MCGT by shopping on Amazon through Amazon Smile, or through donations to our scholarship fund, lending library fund, or outreach fund. MCGT is a 501c3 non-profit organization.
- Find ways to help gifted children connect with like-minded peers—host an event!
- Share your experience – no matter your stage of parenting or experience with gifted children, your ideas are valuable. Our members are our best resource!
Thank you for joining MCGT and helping us further our mission of providing community, education, and outreach in support of Minnesota’s gifted people. We look forward to hearing from you, and meeting you in person at an MCGT event sometime soon.
On behalf of the MCGT state board and office staff, welcome!
Teresa Argo Boatman, Ph.D., MCGT President