The CARES Pillars are the foundation that upholds MCGT’s core values. Through Connections, Advocacy, Resources, Equity, and Support, we are able to keep the entire gifted community strong and cared for.
MCGT’s Vision Statement
MCGT envisions that ALL Minnesota families and communities are empowered with equitable access to gifted and talented resources, support and opportunities. Together we can create connections that respect, value, celebrate and support all people.
MCGT Mission Statement
The Minnesota Council for the Gifted and Talented (MCGT) builds community and empowers families of gifted and talented children from all backgrounds through five core values:
1. Connections: MCGT forges partnerships to engage diverse communities in building awareness of, and support for, the unique needs of the gifted and talented.
2. Advocacy: MCGT supports family, local, state, and federal advocacy efforts to improve opportunities for gifted and talented learners.
3. Resources: MCGT provides a comprehensive website and equitable access to events and workshops.
4. Equity: MCGT is committed to continual learning and actionable steps to support a more equitable future for the communities we serve.
5. Support: MCGT cultivates relationships among parents/caregivers, and between families, experts, and professionals.