The SENG Model Parent Groups (MSPG) provide a way for parents and guardians of gifted children to support each other and share ideas for supporting your gifted children. Through a series of guided discussions by trained SENG facilitators, you will learn about the social-emotional needs of gifted and talented children, with practical strategies for improving communication, motivation, and guiding your child. Come share successes and concerns in a safe and confidential environment. Each week, discussion will be focused on topics relevant to parenting gifted children. Participants will read and discuss A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Students by Dr. James T. Webb, et al. with additional reading and handouts personalized to individual participant needs.
- Interact and learn from other parents of GT students.
- Acknowledge that families with GT students have special needs.
- Increase skills for nurturing your GT students.
- Become acquainted with materials and opportunities available to support GT students.
- Encourage parental involvement in partnering with schools for the needs of GT students.
UPCOMING Minnesota SENG Parent Groups:
St. Paul, March 7, 2020. More details and registration
SENG is thrilled to announce that they will be bringing their 2020 Annual Conference to Minneapolis, Minnesota! They look forward to seeing you at “SENG Minneapolis – Nature and Nurture: Guiding the Gifted Experience,” August 7-9th, 2020.