The SENG Model Parent Groups (MSPG) provide a way for parents and guardians of gifted children to support each other and share ideas for supporting your gifted children. Through a series of guided discussions by trained SENG facilitators, you will learn about the social-emotional needs of gifted and talented children, with practical strategies for improving communication, motivation, and guiding your child. Come share successes and concerns in a safe and confidential environment. Each week, discussion will be focused on topics relevant to parenting gifted children. Participants will read and discuss A Parent’s Guide to Gifted Students by Dr. James T. Web, et al. with additional reading and handouts personalized to individual participant needs.
- Interact and learn from other parents of GT students.
- Acknowledge that families with GT students have special needs.
- Increase skills for nurturing your GT students.
- Become acquainted with materials and opportunities available to support GT students.
- Encourage parental involvement i parenting with schools for the needs of GT students.
Interested in learning more about SENG or SENG Model Parent Groups? Please contact Wendi Schirvar, PhD, NCSP – Legislative Liaison MCGT, MN Liaison and Midwest Regional Coordinator SENG, SENG SMPG Certified Facilitator – at [email protected]